Our promise is to always follow industry best practices, fulfill your needs and meet your expectations. We work transparently and in collaboration with you to insure the best outcome for your project. Despite everyone’s best efforts conflict may arise; we have a plan in place because we value our professional relationship with you.
Our approach to conflict is as follows:
- Be Aware. Everyone involved in the conflict situation deserves the right to be aware of the situation and be heard. Let’s talk, and deal with miscommunication before it turns to disagreement.
- Be Prepared. Both sides of the conflict will be encouraged to take the time to consider how to best address a difficult issue, none of the persons involved will be put on the spot or asked to address the issue in front of others.
- Be Understanding. We all want this project to turn out well so in that we have common ground. Let’s explore ideas together and try to remember there is more than one way to see a situation. We promise to listen to what you are saying and consider what is at stake for everyone involved, and encourage everyone else to do the same.
- Listen and Be Heard. We will work together to create a safe space where people can listen and be heard. We both want to uncover what is slowing down progress and hindering our project.
- Be Proactive. Should we continue to have difficulty communicating then we will enlist a third party to help us clarify our communication and avoid conflict escalation. This may take the form of a conversation, negotiation, conflict coaching, facilitated discussions, or arbitration.
- Be Reflective. Once we sort through this obstacle, let’s talk about how we can approach things differently to avoid similar situations in future.
- Be Kind. Conflict always stirs up emotions and it takes awhile for things to settle again. Kindness to ourselves and others will help us get back on the right path.